"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Siam Imperial revisits

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of having lunch at Siam Imperial...

for two separate occasions...


The first was with C of CAB Cooks.  It had been awhile since we last met up.  Our lunch this particular day were items I've had before. She was trusting my judgement, so shrimp parcels was definitely a choice as was the Imperial Trio, which has what I call the "greatest hits": papaya salad, pork larb (in meatball form) and sticky rice balls. This is the perfect appetizer since there are three tastes in one dish.


Another item was the shrimp asparagus and avocado salad that Bert and I had enjoyed previously, which C and I both enjoyed as well. The flavors were so fresh and clean.

C chose the Crying Tiger for our shared entree. We both agreed that the meat was so tender and perfectly seasoned. We found out later from the owner that the meat is marinated overnight, which makes a huge difference. They also use a better cut of meat. Whenever we've tried Crying Tiger in the past, the meat was usually a tough cheap cut. Not here.

Bert wants to try this next time we visit.

On a more recent visit, I took a friend whom I hadn't seen since TC was born. We meet more than twenty  years ago through work.  Her son was in our wedding as either the ring or coin bearer; he is now twenty nine years old! Time really does fly.  I was so happy to have seen my friend again last week that we immediately made plans to go out the following week.

She'd never had Thai food before so she let me select our meal. Recognize the shrimp parcels?  The Tom Yum soup was from our shared lunch entree, yellow curry with chicken.  You may also recognize the appetizer trio as well. 



I thought these would be  a great introduction to Thai food for my friend. She loved everything. Not shown were our drinks, iced Thai tea for her and iced Thai coffee for me.

The meal was secondary the company in both instances.  It was nice to see both of them again.


Previous visit to Siam Imperial
November 2017

My favorite server wasn't there during both of those occasions. Maybe he only works at night.  Had a great time for both occasions, catching up with friends (one from early blogging days and one from two decades ago).

2 comments:

Cab Cooks said...

Lunch was so good! Hard to believe it had been months since I had Thai, sheesh.

caninecologne said...

I agree! Thanks for the great company C!