"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017

We put the tree up right after Thanksgiving...

(Talking Yoda in Santa hat on window ledge)

Because...Type A

Then it stays up until Epiphany or at least the first Saturday after the New Year's.

No votive lights on the mantel or fireplace this year. Instead, strings of LED stars. Thank you Grocery Outlet.

The month is nearly over...

The real reason for Christmas, right?

Shirt seen at Flashbacks in Hillcrest

The shirt I actually bought.  Please don't strike me down God.

Hey, it was Star Wars Thursday during the last week of work.

My Man Eating Wreath from "Nightmare Before Christmas" adorns my office door...

while Bert changed our generic screen saver to my Christmas Pez collection.

For those of you that celebrate this holiday, Merry Christmas!

(Christmas pop up card from Daiso)

It's been nice spending time with family and baking once again...

Above and below, mushroom and caramelized onion with Gruyere cheese turnovers plus a new recipe I learned from my hairdresser, Cranberry relish with cream cheese ball.

It's time consuming to finely chop all of the ingredients (fresh cranberries, jalapenos, red onion and cilantro) but it does look festive once fully assembled.

Cocoa this morning...the marshmallows, in this case, Snowman peep, are supposed to be under the happy face end, but doing so makes the stick all gooey.  I like it better this way.  Peeps aren't just for Easter anymore.

You can spear up to three jumbo marshmallows with this thing.

My brother hosted Christmas lunch.  I didn't get a photo of the whole spread before it got attacked, but just know that there were MEATZ galore (honey baked ham, prime rib, binagoongang baboy, bbq ribs and lechon kawali)

In fact, here's a stash of lechon kawali (like my Mom, he puts away extra containers of food...either to replenish the main spread, or to hoard and give out later to family members, ha ha). This was not store bought either. Bro outdid himself, even making the lumpia.

The downside of Christmas was getting sick the night before and feeling horrid the day of Christmas.  Having a temp of above 100 plus the chills and hawking up phlegm not so fun.

However, TC and the nephews cheered me up with their mix of festive and rude sweaters.

Despite me having to leave the party early, we enjoyed the time spent with the parents, siblings, their partners and the kids (four teens + one twenty year old + the two younger ones). Bert took me home after a few hours  and returned to the festivities, which apparently involved booze as in Crown Royale apple flavor plus whiskey plus Ketel One plus whatever else. Hmmm, maybe it WAS good that I missed the alcoholic version of the "Stand By Me" blueberry  pie scene...heh heh.

Previous post
2016 - This was an epic post I must say.  I'll have to do a similar one before the year ends. There are some pretty cool trees I snapped this year.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sorry to hear you were sick at Christmas! I got my cold later that week and I got it from T, who was sick. Grrr, being sick at the holidays! At least you got to spend some time with your family. Love your Star Wars tee!

caninecologne said...

Yeah, I am still fighting a lingering cough but at least I don't have fever and chills anymore, ugh. Thanks, that t-shirt was quite a conversation piece. Hope you are feeling better as well.