
The day after Christmas found us here in the Bankers Hill neighborhood...
I was hoping they would still have their holiday drink, but the snatchy bitch barista who "helped us" (and by help, I mean, barely looking at us and answering monosyllabically) was not friendly at all. It seemed as though I had bothered her by asking her a simple question.

To cut my rant short, no, they did not have it, and she was not very nice in conveying it. I don't get how people like this even get out of bed and even help people at their job.

Our drinks - regular mocha for him (with almond milk) and a traditional macchiato for me:


Well made and nice looking. Very smooth. Not sure if the crabby bitch made it, hopefully not.

Since we paid for two hours on the meter, we decided to walk the neighborhood. In doing so, we crossed the First Avenue Bridge as well as the Quince Street Bridge. We ended up at our second coffee stop at the hipster apartment/business complex, The Louie. See the yellow portion? They were building that out during our visit. Turns out it will be the new Extraordinary Desserts. This new spot will replace their old location on Fifth Ave.

Exciting!
Next door to the upcoming ED is James Coffee. The barista there was a total turn around from the one at West Bean. He was pretty friendly and chill. We noted they still had their winter drink, so that is what Bert ordered. I had a craving for a cold brew.


Without cream above and with below:


We sat outside to enjoy the fresh air. I love their ceramic cups here, very nice.



An excellent mocha this was.

I don't know how Bert didn't get sick of these during the month of December, ha ha...
Previous visit to The West Bean Bankers Hill:
December 2017
Previous visit to James Coffee, Bankers Hill:
July 2017
Sometime in Spring, the new Extraordinary Desserts will open and it will be massive! Looking forward to the new space.

No comments:
Post a Comment