"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Cravory

Yesterday TC and I capped our our day by checking out this new cookie place in Point Loma...

They just opened on Valentine's Day and don't have proper signage out yet. It's in the same strip mall as Soup Plantation  and Baron's Market...


Just look for the Thai place. It's next to The Cravory, a cookie company which sells their cookies at local Farmer's Markets. This is their first brick and mortar location.

They have about 15 flavors available daily but rotate them. Since it was later in the afternoon, some of the flavors were already gone.

It's tiny but cute inside. The guy helping us was also very nice and patient as we made our selections.

Menu board:

The remaining flavors that day:

I don't know about you, but Rosemary Balsamic sounds quite horrible to me.

This was a sample of the Chocolate Truffle. It was originally a flavor I wanted, but I deferred to TC in getting an extra Birthday Cake cookie for a friend.

This will give me another reason to come back; this flavor was pretty rich and intense!

I got a half dozen ($11)...

Their list of flavors:

Red Velvet, Birthday Cake (one of two), Almond Joyous, PB Overload, and Caramel Sutra.

Almond Joyous - this was one of our favorites. This cookie had it all! Toasted coconut, chocolate, and almonds! Loved the flavor and texture.

Caramel Sutra - Another of our favorites with a touch of sea salt.

TC's choice, the Red Velvet, which was wrapped for some reason. Why not the others? Why is this one so special?

PB Overload - This cookie was smaller in diameter but thicker and packed with PB goodness!

The Birthday Cake  - One for TC and one for her friend Sherlock.

For the record, TC did enjoy this fun looking cookie. For me, I didn't taste it because it seemed too "boring".

Here were the other cookies later that evening...

My least favorite was the red velvet...it was too sweet and had white chocolate chips in there which didn't taste quite right.

Our favorites were the PB Overload and the Almond Joyous. I wonder how long cookie shops like these will last? Will this be the new fad like cupcakes were five years ago?

The previous incarnation of The Cravory was a food stand at the Hillcrest Farmer's Market. They will still sell their cookies at the farmer's markets but also have this store. Here is an older post by Kirbie in which she sponsored a Cravory cookies giveaway two years ago.

Update as of Monday 2/24 - Kirbie's latest post is also on The Cravory!

Writeups on the Cravory:
"The Cravory Opens Today" , Zagat San Diego, written by Darlene Horn! (Feb. 14, 2014)
SDEater.com and CBS News 8's story

The Cravory
3960 W. Point Loma Blvd, Suite G (next to Mecha Thai restaurant)
San Diego,C A 92110
(800- 591-2571

thecravory.com and their FB page

I liked how every cookie was distinct and unique but at $2 a cookie, wouldn't make this a regular habit. Bert is still curious about their Pancake and Bacon flavor so a return visit next time we're in the area is in order.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh cool - there's another restaurant in there that I want to try (Embargo Grill) so I can kill two birds with one stone. I have always like how creative the Cravory is with their various flavors of cookies. I haven't had any in awhile so looking forward to checking out their cute new storefront!

caninecologne said...

Hi Mary - yeah, I saw that Embargo Grill was there. Kirk posted on that recently. The Cravoy is indeed quite creative with their flavors. Hope you get to go soon and do a 'two-fer'.